Funny, I already have something to do on Friday (tomorrow). I am giving a short speech of how I, a deaf student, succeeded through college and earned my degree. It will be an exciting experience to meet the Romanian students. I wonder how much similar they are with English high school students. Emily already filled me in some culture tendencies that the Romanian people do. It might be something I have to work with. She explained that they tend to blame the wind for anything goes wrong in their lives. They also tell other people what they do wrong.
Today is a better day for my body... I went to sleep last night at 8 PM. I woke up with a way better mood! :) But I am still down with cough and cold. I took a pill and later on, the body rejected it by making me vomit. Nice. Gratefully, I did feel better afterwards.
Here is a picture you can take a look of Bralia that I found on the net...
It should give you an idea what is like... granted that these pictures are good ones, while most of the Bralia buildings are long due for renovations. There are several stray dogs whining and looking for food. As all the towns have, Bralia is beautiful along with its sadness.I am looking forward to see more of Bralia and Romania. On May 12, the following Tuesday, we will start our 11 day trip to Italy and France! I pray to be way better for the trip. :) Tonight, Emily and Nils invited Romanian missionaries to come for dinner. I look forward to meet them and perhaps to get a blessing from them and Nils.
(Now, don't count on every day posts but I try to post more often than once a week. :) That is an improvement, I must say! :))
1 comment:
I have to admit that you did a fabulous job with the students. I don't think they have ever been so inspired, and you probably made a major difference in the rest of their lives by your one visit.
Thanks for helping!
Post a Comment