Wednesday, March 24

a Mind of a Teacher

Sneaking in my ear canal, you will find a hollow space called the brain. Occasionally you will find some butterflies or moths fluttering in the brain.

Impromptu moments and improvising decisions are the daily motions in my teaching life. Every time a kid tattle-tell on a kid, I have to decide if he cried wolf or not.

After asking a question or teaching a lesson, sometimes I see a blank stare in my students' eyes... green, blue, brown... or white when they go "Huh? Me?" "Yes, you."

As a first year teacher, there is no lesson plans ready for me to pick from. I have to create them. Gratefully I have a teacher aide who works quickly when I assign him to do something on the same day. That makes things easy for me so I don't have to plan too much ahead. Besides, when I plan something, almost always something came up that I had to throw the lesson out of the window and come up with a different one.

Ah, tmw I am supposed to teach about how animals live in the desert.... should I use cut-out animals or just take them to the field trip? Or even better bring the animals to thee classroom and have the students do interviews with the animals??

No comments: