During my Spring Break on April 18 to 22, I had a wonderful visitor from Kansas coming to see me. My mom! She came to help with the wedding, to fit me for a wedding dress, and to meet Levi. At first I was nervous because it was my first time to have her complete attention, not divided with other siblings. But it turned out wonderfully! We get along well... Mom gets up early in the morning but she lets me sleep. Thank you, Mom. Then we keep busy with errands and things we both wanted to do. It was a good teamwork.
She helped me so much with wedding details which I am not thinking about. It is nice to have another woman to discuss things. I said another woman because men don't really care about wedding details and how things look if you use white or ivory table linen. :)
It was an interesting process toward making a wedding dress. At first, we couldn't find a good wedding dress pattern. So I told my mom that I would like to buy a wedding dress. She wasn't okay with it but she was willing to give it a try. Then in our search in the craigslist (Mom convinced me to look in there because she said if I plan to buy and then sell it in craigslist, I should give other girls a chance as well.), we found one suitable dress for $400. We made a call and made an appt. Then she called us back and postponed one day later. Well, on the day we were supposed to see the dress, we went to JoAnn's to buy more fabric for my temple dress. Mom was clever and pushed me to look through the skirt patterns and .... lo, we found a skirt dress and will make two-piece wedding dress. Haha!! I thought it was funny how we saved so much money -- the fabric and things costs about $85! I saved about $315!
Other than that, we enjoyed our visit to Logan. It was a longer drive than I realized but it was a good opportunity to see friends there in Logan. :)
I am looking forward to the wedding because it means I am done with school and with Miss Deaf Utah Pageant. I love working at school... but it is nice to take a break from the political stress. Also I enjoy helping out with MDUAP but it is nice to have it accomplished in June 4th. :)
2 comments:
I am glad it worked out to have your mom there. Wedding plans can be tedious, but fun. Congrats again!!
Congrats on the up coming wedding! You really found a steal on fabric. I helped make my and it was not that cheap, close but not as good of a deal as that, Wow!
Post a Comment