A poem I wrote for my Dad on his "Father's Day" card - It is not very good but something to show my thoughts.
"Genetics"
Looking in the mirror,
a puzzle.
Some pieces from
my mom
Other was given by
my dad
All combined into a
person
Is me.
Short but thoughtful, I come to think what people see in me. Do they see my dad? Do they see my mom? Do they see me? What makes me different from my parents? I don't look exactly like them but I was born to them. Echoing Nephi's words, "I... having been born of goodly parents." I now wonder, will I be a good parent? I am a combination of my parents. What is new about me, I can't help wondering. I know it is weird but when I read the introduction chapter of Sheri Dew's book No Doubt About It , it prompted this thought. What is important to me? How can I leave this world a better place than before? What can I bring to the world and make myself useful?
I am glad that I took time to ponder these things in my heart. Lately, several things has been happening and I didn't have time to sit and analyze my feelings and thoughts. I do miss writing my thoughts however, I have not written in this blog often because I know people are reading this. I am shy about my thoughts, heh. I do appreciate your interest - I do want to share some of my thoughts with you all. :)
I can't help being introvert sometimes. I just want to sink in my soul and hide. Letting the events to pass me by, I can just observe and not take any control. Sometimes, that is a powerful thing to do but sometimes, it is not. There is no absolute thought or concept right now in this world. The only absolute thoughts can be about Christ because the Holy Ghost is our testifier. He can tell us the truth.
Love is the most ambiguous word that humanity ever invented. I am glad that God is clear about what is love but it is a challenge for me to get rid of the murky selfishness and quicksand of fear to reach toward the perfect love of Christ.
No comments:
Post a Comment