(Pic Courtesy of flickr.com)Since moving in Utah, so many things has been overwhelming... but like my mentor said, take one day a time. This advice is very hard to follow! However, I have been working on my classroom for my 4th graders. I am so excited to meet them.
Sometimes my excitement can get into a dangerous level of anxiety -- I am starting to double-checking myself and my room if it is good enough. Today I realized that I have to be humble and ask for help... That is the hard pill to swallow.
After meeting with my mentor, I felt I had been slapped into reality. I do have good ideas. I just need to ask for help to make these ideas real. I can't rely on validation all the time. I just need to go and ask for things I want and need. The thing is that I never set up a classroom in my whole life. My mentor tells me stop being shy. :) that is a funny thing... and my sister, even if miles away, was able to help me to sort my thoughts out and accept my limitations and move on.... that is a big thing I have to acknowledge -- Move on and stop complaining about my limitations as being a first year teacher.
I can grow out these limitations only if I overcome my fear.
No comments:
Post a Comment